Sunday, July 25, 2010

Inception for the second time...

... was easily as good as the first, if not better.

It's been a whirlwind weekend. Between Audrey's first birthday, a bridal shower, and the first of many pre-trip Israel meetings, it's a wonder we've all found time to sleep, let alone watch a movie! But we did. Inception is completely wonderful, easily the best movie I've seen in theaters in the last year. Last time, Ben & I went by ourselves, but we finally coerced his parents into seeing it with us (aka, an excuse for us to justify seeing it again haha!) I can say with some conviction that its just as good, if not better the second go round. I will definitely be owning this one!

The Israel meeting went well, I think. There is a lot of interest shown & we are making positive progress. If its possible, I think I am actually MORE excited about this next trip then my first one last March. I left a piece of my heart buried in the soil over there, maybe wafting on the breezes in Jerusalem. I need to stand with the dust of centuries covering my shoes again, to wake up in the morning & look out over the Sea of Galilee or the Old City of Jerusalem. God has really laid Israel on my heart over the last few months... it's like an almost physical ache, and only the thought of returning will ease it. I cannot wait till I can finally obey that calling... and this time not as a tourist, as a leader :) March of 2011 cannot come soon enough!

(Ben & I standing outside the Garden Tomb in the Old City)

No comments:

Post a Comment